It is the model that has taken place as ‘Little Black Dress” in the fashion literature … It is a must for a wardrobe, an inevitable need and even the basic part of it. It is not difficult to guess that a black dress with minimal cuts, which is timeless with its cut rather than its details on it and which leaves a lasting impression with its fabric, will make a great contribution to a wardrobe.
It was firstly created by the famous fashion designer Coco Chanel in the 1920s. The purpose of the famous designer was to create an all-purpose permanent model that would address nearly all women and have an agreeable colour. As a matter of fact, such a model drawn by her was firstly published in the American Vogue magazine. While its colour and such style of cuts did previously exist, the definition added by Coco Chanel to it turned into an element calling drawing the attention to the black dress. However, one of the most important factors that allowed the black dress to become an inevitable item is the character Holly Golightly portrayed by Audrey Hepburn. Holly having her breakfast looking at Tiffany’s store windows with a plain, but extremely elegant dress on her in the movie named Breakfast at Tiffany’s is still one of the most favourite icons of the fashion world.
Well, how a good black dress should be? Here are the five key properties that you must pay attention:
- Every body type is different. We recommend you to try to prefer the model that you feel yourself the most comfortable in it with its cut.
- You will buy a part that will stay in your wardrobe for long years. Therefore, its fabric must be timeless and of high quality.
- Details heat up a dress. However, since assertive details are associated with trends, we recommend you to prefer minimal and elegant touches like lacework and tulle.
- Embroidery and ornaments like beads, drawnwork and buckles are the elements that will make your dress unordinary. However, it is important to ensure that they do not overshadow your dress.
- A black dress is a part that exists in every wardrobe. Therefore, small games with its cuts that will differentiate yours will help your dress make difference and not go out of style and fashion.